|Ascendents.net: Help: Release Notes (Click here to go watch videos)|
• Clicking on "Comments" now force-refreshes comments for current video
• Improved release notes to load thread
• Reduced error log/warnings
• Mitigated quota overload by disabling reload/fix for bots
• Mitigated quota overload by limiting reload/fix for undetected bots
• Mitigated quota overload by expanding bot user-agent vocabulary
• Improved startup sequence to auto restart sooner if player fails to appear
• Improved startup sequence to auto restart if player fails to appear
• Wiki now is fixed-width! Text-art appproved!
• Improved loading of comments switching videos without reloading
• 12/24 - Swiched advertising royalty product rate from 7x to 3x making advertising nearly half the price.
• Fixed advertisement size overflow creating scrollbars
• Lucky videos now regenerated on clover single-click if already in lucky mode
• Favorites now allow first page and last page in addition to next and previous
• Now starts up with visible SideBar to show video information by default
• Added &full parameter to load with a full-size window (see url parameters).
• Shortened height of default Wiki window.
• Fixed initial loading video-sync stutter
• Reintroduced basic royalties program
• Fixed buy this -- "Get this today" widget
• Improved iPhone/Safari object compatibility!
• Lucky videos are now regenerated with clover double-click/tap
• Mouse wheel can now horizontally scroll NextBar video results without needing to hold down the shift key
• Mouse wheel can now horizontally scroll the NextBar and top toolbars
• Fixed some viewer account login stuff
• Cookie disabling and other security enhancements
• Improved login functions
• Improved search results tooltips
• Improved 404 handling
• Upgraded sidebar search calls from version 6c to 6g
• Improved ?thread= to autoplay first video in thread
• Fixed duplicate tripped error
• changed retry on tab load to 15 seconds
• moved car mode above "now" panel
• url parameter "drive" https://ascendents.net/?v=YekB9K1dQ6M&drive
• added "song info:" label to buy widget so it's easier to tell which is the song title
• fixed seek url parameters: a, seek, t
• Improved car mode buttons
• Introduced CAR mode accessible with the steering wheel icon (do not use while driving)
• Improved RSS feed quality (https://ascendents.net/rss)
• Added threads list the full page thread viewer
• Fixed some login functionality on search pages
• New 404/403 pages
• Handler version 6zj
• Updated Account Mini Manager 5v
• Created Viewer Account Admin/creation Page ver. 6zi(current)/j(beta)
• Viewer alpha
• Updated front pages Search ver. 6g
• Updated Reset Password
• Updated video help docs
• Next bar `More details` now collapses nextbar as it shows expanded details sidebar
• No longer calls slow-loading Twitter follow button widget
• Fixed when admin has not set video details on statup
• Upgraded to PHP 7.1 from 5.4 -- in addition to being more secure, Phoronix stated, "the long-standing PHPBench is about 15~16% faster with PHP 7.2 over PHP 7.1. Or for fun if comparing it back to the PHP 5.3 days, it's 3.3x the speed of that once common PHP version." Decreased load times allow more traffic and a smoother experience.
• Removed "r" redirect
• Improved favicon cross-compatibility
• Fixed/improved "Search Lyrics" function
• New getvideodata 6zh
• Brought back wiki function so users can add custom txt to videos
• Brought back comments!
• &details url parameter shows details on load
• (More details) button on nextbar video info panel
Video player front page login
Account Manager Affiliate set
Fixed utf8 sharing title text decode
Minor advertising updates
Improved menu system
Fixed apostrophe for auto-suggestions
Fixed sidebar scrolling
Updated video player favorites module to retreive video information on-demand.
Improved email server SpamAssassin score
Efforts have been made to separate/differentiate the news, store, and video player sections.
Unused advertising and royalties programs set into mild hibernation until further notice.
Changes have enhanced the video player speed.
Bypassed data cache check
Removed SEO Robot Follows/Indexes for video player components
Fixed release notes
Changed startup side panel mode to hidden
Optimized interface graphics
Improved Change Rand
Theme Color #000
Fixed mobile responsiveness and improved player load
RSS fixed (https://ascendents.net/rss.xml)
More minor optimizations
Fixed history table
Fixed next history
Improved player loading time
Improved net light response
Added words to rand exclude defaults
Improved RSS feed
Delete from playlist in Firefox
REL button on SideBar in Firefox
REL button on NextBar in Firefox
Video Agency/Email changed to Agency/Contact
Switch icon title text says which number the shuffle randomizer is on.
Current playlist scrolls into view automatically
Improved boot loader response
Introduced Affiliate Program
Rearranged a few functions
Network light improvement
Optimized UH handling
Improved randomizer cycling
Fixed loading error with Chrome
CheckStatus throttling for slower connections
Improved home/search page. We now have full-screen threads pages and an RSS feed.
Improved next video speed
6d restores functionality to subdomains and improves loading.
6c is the first new release. Welcome to Ascendents.net.
It is a complete rewrite with countless new features.
This is the beginning of something incredible.
For three years, the basic designs (the v1 original and v2 and v3 partial reload versions) have served countless millions of visitors, and literally, it would take forever to document the number of times and reasons Ascendents.net over-extended its capacity. In addition, it would also take forever to document the number of user-enhancement features have been borrowed from us, however; a great site is deeper than user-experience. Instead of only physically expanding server capacity, Ascendents.net stayed compact and invested in evolving technology by writing smarter code that brings the performance to the client-side, consuming less resources per visitor. The newest versions are designed to be even more scalable and sustainable.